The Center of Eye Diseases consists of the Unit of Eye Diseases and Consulting Rooms for Eye Diseases.
From 2020, the Unit of Children's Eye Diseases and Consulting Rooms for Children's Eye Diseases have belonged to the Centre of Eye Diseases.
In the Centre of Eye Diseases, various eye diseases are treated and complex eye surgeries are performed:
- Cataract extractions with intraocular lens implantation
- Glaucoma surgery – conventional and using various shunts
- Corneal and amniotic membrane transplantation
- Surgical procedures of retinal tears and detachments
- Pars plana vitrectomies
- Plastic-reconstructive surgery of tear ducts and eyelids
- Strabismus correction surgery
- Surgical treatment of ocular injuries
- Intravitreal injections for the treatment of age-related macular degeneration, diabetic maculopathy, retinal vein occlusion, inflammatory diseases of the retina and vitreous body
- Laser treatment of retinal diseases, glaucoma and secondary cataract.