The Center's vascular surgeons provide coordinated and comprehensive treatment to people of all ages with rare, complex and serious conditions of vascular diseases. They work closely with specialists of cardiology, neurology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, pediatrics and radiology. All relevant treatment options and an individual treatment plan for the person are considered collaboratively.
The Center is the only place for the diagnosis, treatment, training and research of congenital vascular diseases in Lithuania and the Baltic States. We provide services for Lithuanian and foreign patients with congenital vascular diseases.
Our vascular surgeons are an integral part of the transplant team.
In the Center chronic venous leg ulcers are diagnosed and treated according to the evidence-based guidelines.
All the patients from Vilnius county with elective and emergency cases of vascular diseases are treated in our The Department of Vascular Surgery. Our vascular surgeons consult patients and perform or assist operations in the other hospitals of Vilnius county as well.
The Department of Vascular Surgery provides comprehensive services for patients with all types of vascular disorders:
- peripheral artery disease (PAD);
- critical limb-threatening ischemia (CLTI);
- diabetic foot ulcers;
- carotid and vertebral artery disease;
- visceral artery disease (VAD);
- thoracic (TAA) and abdominal (AAA) aortic aneurysms;
- peripheral arterial aneurysm (PAA);
- aortic dissection (AD);
- thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS);
- deep vein thrombosis (DVT);
- chronic venous insufficiency (CVI);
- varicose veins;
- arteriovenous malformation (AVM).
Our vascular surgeons use medical treatments, minimally-invasive catheter procedures, and open surgery to treat each patient.