Santariškių g. 2, 08661 Vilnius
tel. (+370) 5 236 5000
faks. (+370) 5 236 5111
info@santa.lt

      

SANTAROS KLINIKOS

VILNIAUS UNIVERSITETO LIGONINĖ

History of centre

Spausdinti

The history of professional Obstetrics and gynecology has started in the end of the 18th – 19th century, when the first wards of Obstetrics and Gynecology were established in Lithuania. Professor N. Renje (1746 – 1800), french by origin, was the pioneer in scientific obstetrics in our country. He established the first Maternity unit of 10 beds near the Saint Rokas hospital in Vilnius. He also opened the first school for midwifes. After his death in 1803 prof. A. Matusevičius (1760 - 1816) founded the Department of Obstetrics in Vilnius University.

Clinic of Obstetrics and Gynecology, in 210 years of operation, several times changed its localization: it started in the Didzioji street, the former Red Cross Hospital (later – the Vilnius University Hospital Centre branch), continued the work in Vilnius university City hospital and moved to Vilnius University Hospital Santaros Klinikos (Santariskiu Klinikos) on the 1st of March, 2013. Director of the Centre of Obstetrics and Gynecology is prof. G. Drąsutienė. Here, the first baby has seen the world on the 12 of March, 2013.

Atnaujinta 2017-07-19
Straipsnis parodytas: 3540 kartų(kartus)
 
Reklaminis skydelis
Reklaminis skydelis
Reklaminis skydelis
Reklaminis skydelis